Code a challenge
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Code a challenge

Share your mind with people

AccueilPortailCalendrierGalerieDernières imagesFAQRechercherMembresGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Military coup in Mali: rebels force president to resign

AuteurMessage
Admin
Admin

Bonus 1 : 0,01 $ * : 4938
Bonus 2 : 0,01 $ * : 0

Military coup in Mali: rebels force president to resign Empty
MessageMilitary coup in Mali: rebels force president to resign

President of Mali Ibrahim Abu Bakr Keita announced on Tuesday evening August 18, 2020 his resignation and the dissolution of Parliament and the government, hours after rebel soldiers detained him, along with senior government officials.
"I do not want blood to be shed in order to remain in power," Keita said in a brief speech broadcast by state television.
"At this very moment, and as I thank the Malian people for their support for me over these long years and the warmth of their affection, I would like to inform you of my decision to relinquish my duties, all of my duties, from this moment on," he added, noting that he also decided to "dissolve the National Assembly and the government." ".
And news agencies reported earlier that Malian soldiers had embarked on what appeared to be an attempted rebellion, by arresting a number of senior army officers and officials.
It was also confirmed that the rebels arrested President Keita, and his prime minister, in an attempt that culminated in months of turmoil in the country, has seen calls for "the president to resign."
In the capital, Bamako, government employees fled their offices as gunmen began arresting officials, including Finance Minister Abdullah Dafi.
"Those responsible are arrested ... it is a complete confusion," said an officer at the Ministry of Homeland Security in Mali, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to speak to journalists.
For its part, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) said Tuesday that it had decided to close the borders of its member states with Mali, after President Keita was detained.
ECOWAS said in a statement that it has also suspended all financial flows between its members and Mali. The group's commission called for imposing sanctions on "the putschists and their partners and collaborators."

* Sky News
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://codeachallenge.ahlamontada.com
Partager cet article sur : reddit

Military coup in Mali: rebels force president to resign :: Commentaires

Aucun commentaire.

Military coup in Mali: rebels force president to resign

Page 1 sur 1